Views: 16 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-03-17 Origin: Site
What are the three elements of plastic injection molding?
1. Temperature control
1. Barrel temperature: The temperature that needs to be controlled during the production injection molding process includes barrel temperature, nozzle temperature and mold temperature. The temperature in the first two passes mainly affects the plasticization and flow of the plastic, while the latter temperature mainly affects the flow and cooling of the plastic.
2. Nozzle temperature: The nozzle temperature is usually slightly lower than the maximum temperature of the barrel. This is to prevent the “salivation phenomenon” that may occur in the straight-through nozzle of the molten material.
3. Mold temperature: Mold temperature has a great influence on the internal performance and apparent quality of the product.
2. Pressure control
The pressure in the injection molding process includes plasticizing pressure and injection pressure, and directly affects the plasticization of plastics and product quality.
1. Plasticizing pressure: (back pressure) When a screw injection machine is used, the pressure on the top of the screw when the screw rotates and retreats is called plasticizing pressure, also known as back pressure.
2. Injection pressure: In the current production, the injection pressure of almost all injection machines is based on the pressure applied by the plunger or the top of the screw to the plastic (converted from the oil pressure) as the standard.
Injection pressure, injection pressure and holding pressure.
Three, molding cycle
The time required to complete an injection molding process is called the molding cycle, also known as the molding cycle.
Molding cycle: The molding cycle directly affects the labor productivity and equipment utilization rate. Therefore, in the production process, the relevant time in the molding cycle should be shortened as much as possible under the premise of ensuring quality.
The above are the three main factors that affect injection molding products, but the factors that affect the quality of injection molded products are not the only ones. If you need plastic injection molding services, you can contact us-Dongguan Shibang Plastics, providing plastic injection molding services, 20 years of focusing on plastic mold design and manufacturing, injection molding, post-process surface treatment, assembly and shipment one-stop custom manufacturer.